Not bad for a first (or third if we're being technical) time. Suffice it to say that she loved it. She wore the antennae for the whole day and cheered herself on when we sang Happy Birthday. I think she is her own biggest fan!!
The renovations are continuing and J is working hard at getting things completed in time for the inspection and prior to him returning to school. Working on the studio and the garden simultaneously is not easy but neither is painting in 44C heat so we do what we can when we can and celebrate the victories no matter how small they are.
I have my first finish for the year. Olivia was very happy to have a name plate for her door. Here is a photo taken just before pressing and fixing and wrapping. I had to get the photo taken before all the natural light was gone.
I decided not to quilt this as it started to look too busy. I toyed with a love heart stencil and even tried the flowers but it didn't look right. So after many takes and way too much reverse stitching I decided to just let it be. Sometimes simple is best.
I fixed the fabric to a cork board trivet with PVA glue and a little help of a running stitch to keep the fabric even and tight. I sourced the trivets from Woolworths. They come in a pack of 2 for about $5. IKEA have them too for around the same price.
I would love to say that this was all my idea but alas it wasn't. I saw a version of this on another's blog and can no longer find the name to give proper credit. If you know who it is please let me know so I can give credit where credit is due.
Well, a small finish but a finish none the less. Next up.....let me see what falls out of the sewing cupboard when I open the doors. Eek.